Marathon Gets Consent to Start-Up Installations at Volund
Marathon Petroleum Norge AS has been granted consent to use Volund. The consent applies to start-up and operation of the installations on the Volund field.
The Volund oil field is located in the North Sea approx. eight kilometers south of Alvheim in block 24/9. The field is part of production license 150. The licensees are Marathon Petroleum Norge AS (operator) and Lundin Norway AS.
A Plan for Development and Operations (PDO) of Volund was approved in January 2007.
The field has been developed with four subsea wells (three for production and one for injection), tied in to Alvheim FPSO. According to Marathon, the wells will produce between 20,000 and 40,000 barrels of oil per day.
Planned production start-up is August 1, 2009.
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
- Equinor, Partners to Develop Next Phase of Johan Sverdrup (Aug 27)
- Lundin Petroleum Raises Size Of Norway's Rolvsnes Oil Discovery (Aug 27)
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)