Talisman to Drill Production Wells on Varg A
Talisman Energy Norge AS (TENAS) has been granted consent to drill four sidetrack wells on Varg A, using the Maersk Guardian jackup.
The Varg field is located in the southern North Sea, about 230 kilometers west of Jaeren, and belongs to production license 038.
According to TENAS, the purpose of the drilling activity is to increase production from the field by drilling in new reservoir areas.
Planned start-up of the activity is August 1, 2009.
- Maersk Drilling to Sell Jackup (Nov 12)
- CEO: Maersk Drilling Strong Enough To Stand On Its Own After Listing (Aug 28)
- Maersk Drilling Lays Off Dozens in GOM (Jan 23)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)