Talisman to Drill Production Wells on Varg A
Talisman Energy Norge AS (TENAS) has been granted consent to drill four sidetrack wells on Varg A, using the Maersk Guardian jackup.
The Varg field is located in the southern North Sea, about 230 kilometers west of Jaeren, and belongs to production license 038.
According to TENAS, the purpose of the drilling activity is to increase production from the field by drilling in new reservoir areas.
Planned start-up of the activity is August 1, 2009.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)