Technip to Repair and Install Gas Export Line at Matterhorn
Technip has been awarded a repair and installation contract by Total E&P USA Inc. for a gas export pipeline for the Matterhorn field. This field is located in Mississippi Canyon Block 243 in 2,810 feet of water, approximately 100 miles southwest of New Orleans, Louisiana.
The scope of work of this contract is to re-route an existing 10’" pipeline leaving the Matterhorn platform to tie into an existing 12" trunkline in Mississippi Canyon Block 108. Technip's operating center in Houston, Texas will execute this contract. The flowline will be welded in Technip's spoolbase located in Mobile, Alabama.
Offshore installation is scheduled to be completed in the third quarter of 2009 using the Deep Blue, the Group's deepwater pipelay vessel.
This contract is a new step in the collaboration between Technip and Total for the development of this field, following the successful execution of contracts for the production platform and the subsea pipelines.
- Technip Wins Contract for Louisiana LNG Proposal (Oct 15)
- TechnipFMC to Build Pioneering Vietnam Project (Aug 28)
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- TechnipFMC Wins Offshore Angola Contract (Jul 02)
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)