Det Norske Gets Go-Ahead to Drill Well 6609/10-2 with Songa Delta
Det norske oljeselskap ASA (Det norske) has been granted consent for drilling of exploration well 6609/10-2 using the Songa Delta semisub.
The well belongs to production license 483S, and is located southwest of Trænabanken, 44 kilometers east of Norne.
The well has the following geographical coordinates: N 66 degrees 02' 29", E 09 degrees 03' 06". The water depth at the site is 265 meters.
Expected start-up of the drilling activity is mid-July 2009. The drilling period is estimated at 35 days.
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Songa Offshore ASA more info
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)