Murphy Strikes Black Gold at Turquoise Marine-1 Offshore Congo
Murphy Oil has announced an oil discovery at the Turquoise Marine-1 prospect located in the Mer Profonde Sud (MPS) block, offshore Republic of Congo (Brazzaville).
The well was drilled in 5,285 feet of water to a total measured depth of 12,060 feet and encountered in excess of 136 feet of net oil pay. The Turquoise Marine-1 discovery is approximately 17 miles from the Murphy operated Azurite Field.
David M. Wood, President and Chief Executive Officer commented, "Turquoise Marine-1 was an important well for our Company and we are very pleased with the results. This marks our second discovery in the MPS Block; the rig now moves to the Diamant Marine-1 prospect which lies even closer to the Azurite field." He also added, "We will be looking at appraisal and development options for Turquoise Marine-1 in the coming months and seeking to optimize the existing Azurite field infrastructure."
Murphy serves as operator and has a 50% working interest in Turquoise Marine-1 and the MPS block. Partners are PA Resources (35%) and Société Nationale des Pétroles du Congo (15%).
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Murphy Oil CEO: Now is the Time for Deepwater to Come Back (May 02)
- Pilot Energy Inks Deal to Acquire Murphy's Stake in Permit WA-481-P Off WA (Jul 27)
Company: PA Resources more info
- PA Resources Completes Divestment of North Sea Assets (Mar 24)
- PA Resources Welcomes New CEO (May 15)
- Noble Finds Oil at Carla South (May 02)
Company: Societe Nationale des Petroles du Congo (SNPC) more info
- Congo Republic State Oil Firm Seeks To Revive Oilfields (Apr 11)
- Eni Teams up with SNPC to Explore Cuvette Basin (Sep 19)
- Murphy Strikes Black Gold at Turquoise Marine-1 Offshore Congo (Jul 17)