Alliance Engineering Contributes to Successful Start-Up of Shenzi TLP
Alliance Wood Group Engineering has contributed to the successful start-up of the BHP Billiton operated Shenzi development in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico. Alliance was responsible for providing front-end engineering design and detailed engineering for the topsides of the Shenzi tension leg platform (TLP). The facility, located 120 miles off the Louisiana coastline in approximately 4,300 feet of water in Green Canyon Block 653, is the second-deepest TLP in the world. It was designed for a capacity of 100,000 BPD oil and 50MMscf/D gas.
Alliance President Norb Roobaert stated, "The Shenzi TLP is a complex facility designed to the new hurricane criteria imposed after the Katrina and Rita storms of 2005. The production facility includes two interconnecting processing trains for reliability and was completed ahead of schedule and within budget. Alliance is proud to be a contributor to BHP Billiton's successful project designed and constructed during an industry boom period with high global demand levels for labor, materials, and equipment."
Two other Wood Group companies provided services for the Shenzi project. Multiphase Solutions Inc. ("MSi") provided a customized flow assurance, production monitoring and leak-detection system, and Deepwater Specialists Inc. ("DSI") provided start-to-finish commissioning services.
- Total Rules Out Investing In US Shale Oil After BP-BHP Deal (Aug 27)
- Pipe Dream? Chevron, Woodside Vie to Shape Australia's LNG Sector (Jun 15)
- BHP Sees Faster Shale Sale in Race to Exit $10 Billion Unit (Feb 20)
Company: Wood plc more info
- Wood Study Explores Modular Options for Hammerfest LNG (Aug 29)
- OTC 2018: Wood Sees Its Digital Business Expanding in Future (May 01)
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
Company: Alliance Engineering more info
- Alliance Awarded Engineering, Design Work for Tubular Bells Field (Jan 11)
- Alliance Says Hello to New CFO (Aug 05)
- Alliance Engineering Sets Up Shop in Marcellus Region (Jul 08)