Alliance Engineering Contributes to Successful Start-Up of Shenzi TLP
Alliance Wood Group Engineering has contributed to the successful start-up of the BHP Billiton operated Shenzi development in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico. Alliance was responsible for providing front-end engineering design and detailed engineering for the topsides of the Shenzi tension leg platform (TLP). The facility, located 120 miles off the Louisiana coastline in approximately 4,300 feet of water in Green Canyon Block 653, is the second-deepest TLP in the world. It was designed for a capacity of 100,000 BPD oil and 50MMscf/D gas.
Alliance President Norb Roobaert stated, "The Shenzi TLP is a complex facility designed to the new hurricane criteria imposed after the Katrina and Rita storms of 2005. The production facility includes two interconnecting processing trains for reliability and was completed ahead of schedule and within budget. Alliance is proud to be a contributor to BHP Billiton's successful project designed and constructed during an industry boom period with high global demand levels for labor, materials, and equipment."
Two other Wood Group companies provided services for the Shenzi project. Multiphase Solutions Inc. ("MSi") provided a customized flow assurance, production monitoring and leak-detection system, and Deepwater Specialists Inc. ("DSI") provided start-to-finish commissioning services.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
Company: Alliance Engineering more info
- Alliance Awarded Engineering, Design Work for Tubular Bells Field (Jan 11)
- Alliance Says Hello to New CFO (Aug 05)
- Alliance Engineering Sets Up Shop in Marcellus Region (Jul 08)