ELNG Completes First Ever Health & Safety Partnership Program with GE O&G
Egyptian Liquified Natural Gas (ELNG), Egypt's largest LNG partnership sponsored by EGAS, EGPC, BG Group, Petronas and Gaz de France, has announced its completion of the first ever Health and Safety (H&S) Partnership Program delivered with GE Oil & Gas Global Services.
Built on ELNG and GE's strong record of health and safety performance, the H&S program has been delivered as a pilot -- the first ever such project to be delivered by GE Oil & Gas at a customer site.
The H&S Partnership Program was established in June 2007 between ELNG and GE Oil & Gas to help consolidate health and safety management at ELNG's Idku LNG plant, east of Alexandria. Today's announcement completes the generation one, two-year phase of this unique H&S Partnership Program.
The program goals were to develop solid synergy between ELNG and GE Oil & Gas health and safety management systems, deliver measureable performance improvements and, ultimately, drive a 'no injury, no accident, H&S excellence' mantra throughout ELNG's culture and operating systems.
An initial baseline on health and safety performance status was conducted and an action plan agreed across nine structural framework's elements. Following implementation, the pilot resulted in improvements across all nine framework's elements -- including top five-star grading for nine categories measured -- resulting in an improved H&S site policy, enhanced levels of employee ownership, ongoing hazard analysis and regulatory compliance monitoring, improved personal protective equipment storage and use at site, stringent motor vehicle safety systems and the implementation of an extensive health and safety inspection and training regime.
Mr. Adnan Z. Abidin, CEO, ELNG, said, "We are delighted with the outcomes of this highly successful Health and Safety Partnership Program for ELNG. The impact has been a significant step-change improvement, embedding the new program right across our business. The success is due to the strong relationship we have developed with GE Oil & Gas over several years. We’re now working to consolidate the results obtained and I'm confident that this phase will also deliver great results."
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: PETRONAS more info
- Petronas-Saudi RAPID Refinery To Receive First Oil Cargo By End-Sept (Sep 13)
- Petronas Eyes South Sudan Oil Blocks (Sep 11)
- Sources: Aramco Plans To Ship First Crude Oil To Malaysia JV Refinery (Sep 04)
Company: Gaz de France more info
- Grenland Group Delivers Gjoa Subsea Structures (Sep 01)
- Plexus to Supply Wellhead Systems for Mediterranean E&P Activities (Jul 20)
- ELNG Completes First Ever Health & Safety Partnership Program with GE O&G (Jul 15)
Company: GE Oil & Gas more info
- US Drops Four Oil Rigs This Week (Jan 11)
- US Drops Eight Oil Rigs This Week (Jan 04)
- US Adds Oil Rigs for Second Week in a Row (Dec 28)
Company: EGAS more info
- Sources: Egypt To Import 3 LNG Cargoes From France's Engie For 2Q 2018 (Feb 19)
- Egypt Launches Tender for Third Floating Regasification Unit (Jun 29)
- BP Signs Agreement to Speed up Atoll Field Development (Nov 05)
Company: EGPC more info
- KUFPEC Inks Exploration Agreement for Pakistan's Paharpur Block (Mar 16)
- Egypt Awards Oil and Gas Exploration Blocks (Sep 19)
- Ministry: Egypt Names New Chairman of State Oil Company (Aug 22)