Cameroon, Total Sign Oil Exploration Deal for Southwest Region
YAOUNDE, Cameroon (Dow Jones Newswires), Jul. 15, 2009
Total-E&P Cameroon and the government-run National Hydrocarbons Corp., or SNH, signed a deal Tuesday permitting oil exploration in the West African nation's south-western locality of Rio del Ray, SNH said.
The agreement authorizes Total-E&P to explore for oil and gas within the 83 square kilometer Longahe block "for two years, renewable once, for an estimated cost of $10 million."
"The block is confirmed to have commercial hydrocarbons," said the statement signed by SNH Administrative General Manager Adolphe Moudiki.
It further stated that if oil is found the consortium will enter production for 20 years, with the possibility of a 10-year extension.
Total E&P, which accounts for 60% of Cameroon's oil output of 80,000-85,000 barrels a day, will invest 75% at the start of the project, while Cameroon, through SNH, will be responsible for the remainder.
Total E&P is a unit of French oil major Total SA.
Copyright (c) 2009 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: SNH more info
- Partners Reach FID for Cameroon FLNG Project (Oct 01)
- Golar, Perenco Reach Agreement on Commercial Terms of Cameroon FLNG Project (Jul 01)
- Golar Pens HOA with SNH, Perenco to Develop FLNG Project Off Cameroon (Dec 26)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)
- Total, Wintershall Drill Dry Wells Offshore Norway (Mar 02)