NPD Grants Drilling Permit to Det Norske for Wellbore 6306/6-2
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Det norske oljeselskap ASA a drilling permit for wellbore 6306/6-2, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Wellbore 6306/6-2 will be drilled from the Aker Barents semisub at position 63 degrees 41' 04.97" North and 6 degrees 40' 16.2" East. This is the first well to be drilled with the new drilling facility Aker Barents.
The drilling program for wellbore 6306/6-2 relates to the drilling of wildcat wells in production license 321, which is located 83 km northwest of Kristiansund and 65 km east of the Ormen Lange field in the Norwegian Sea.
Det norske oljeselskap is the operator with a 25 percent ownership interest, while the other licensees are StatoilHydro and Talisman, each with a 20 percent stake, and Aker Exploration with a 35 percent stake. The area in this production license consists of parts of blocks 6306/2, 6306/3, 6306/5 and parts of block 6306/6. The license was awarded in the 18th licensing round in 2004. This is the first well to be drilled in the production license.
The permit is conditional on the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Aker Drilling more info
- Transocean Finalizes Acquisition of Aker Drilling (Oct 04)
- Transocean to Buy Aker Drilling for $1.4B (Aug 15)
- Vantage to Provide Construction Management Services for Aker Drillships (Mar 10)
Company: Aker Exploration AS more info
- Det norske to Revamp Plans for Froy (Apr 13)
- Det Norske to Participate in Dalsnuten Prospect (Feb 19)
- Det Norske Reviews 4Q Results, Sees Continued Growth (Feb 19)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)