Deepsea Atlantic to Drill for StatoilHydro in Northern North Sea
StatoilHydro has received consent to conduct exploration drilling with the Deepsea Atlantic semisub in the northern North Sea.
The consent applies to drilling of exploration well 34/10-52 S, which is part of production license 050. The well is located on Gullfaks Sor in the Tampen area.
The well has the following geographical coordinates: N 61 degrees 4' 31.830", E 02 degrees 14' 4.588". The water depth at the site is 135 meters.
Planned start-up is July 2009. The drilling activity is estimated to last for 90 days.
The Deepsea Atlantic is a drilling facility of the MODU GVA 7500 type operated by Odfjell Drilling AS. The facility was completed in 2009 and is registered in Norway. Classification society is DNV.
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)