PSA Gives Green Light to StatoilHydro for Drilling on Statfjord Field
StatoilHydro has received consent to conduct exploration drilling with the Transocean Leader semisub on the Statfjord field.
Well 30/9-24 is part of production license 079, and has the following geographical coordinates: N 60 degrees 29' 05.4", E 2 degrees 42' 41.8". The water depth at the site is approximately 108 meters. Distance to the Oseberg Field Center is six kilometers.
Planned start-up of the drilling activity is the middle of July 2009. The operation is expected to last for the 55 days.
Manages 53 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)