NPD Grants Drilling Permit to Noreco for PL 412 Wildcat Well
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Norwegian Energy Company (Noreco) ASA a drilling permit for wellbore 25/9-3, ref. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Wellbore 25/9-3 will be drilled from the West Alpha semisub at position 59 degrees 26' 05.03" North and 02 degrees 40' 42.88" East after the facility finishes drilling wildcat well 6407/8-5 A for StatoilHydro Petroleum AS in production license 348.
The drilling program for wellbore 25/9-3 relates to the drilling of wildcat wells in production license 412. Noreco is the operator with a 40 percent ownership interest, while the other licensees are Lundin and VNG, each with a 30 percent stake. The area in this production license consists of parts of blocks 25/5, 25/6, 25/8 and 25/9. Well 25/9-3 will be drilled about 15 km east of the Jotun field in the central part of the North Sea.
Production license 412 was awarded on February 16, 2007 (APA2006). This is the first well to be drilled in the production license. The permit is conditional upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
- Equinor, Partners to Develop Next Phase of Johan Sverdrup (Aug 27)
- Lundin Petroleum Raises Size Of Norway's Rolvsnes Oil Discovery (Aug 27)
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Fredriksen Is Back in Rigs After $5 Billion Vanished in Seadrill (Jul 06)
- Seadrill CEO Sees Consolidation Speeding Up Drilling Market Recovery (Jul 03)
- Seadrill Emerges From Chapter 11 Bankruptcy (Jul 02)
Company: VNG more info
- VNG Norge Spuds Blink Prospect Well in Norwegian Sea (Sep 23)
- VNG Norge Discovers up to 25M Barrels in Norwegian Sea (Jul 11)
- VNG's Pil Well Flows at 6,710 Bopd (Apr 10)
Company: Norwegian Energy Company (NORECO) more info
- Shell Agrees to $1.9B Sell of Upstream Danish Assets to Noreco (Oct 17)
- Det Norske to Acquire Noreco's Norwegian Portfolio (Mar 02)
- Noreco Oil UK Receives Huntington License Default Notice (Nov 02)