Norway's PSA Oks Modifications for Tune Sor at Oseberg D
StatoilHydro has been granted consent for the use of the Tune Sor seabed well with associated pipeline and control cable, as well as for carrying out modifications for Tune Sor at the Oseberg D facility.
The development of Tune Sor is part of StatoilHydro's business plan for resource exploitation and infrastructure use in the Oseberg/Tune area.
Tune Sor is a continuation of the Tune Nord project which was stopped after the field proved to be dry. The Tune Sor satellite well will produce for and be controlled from Oseberg D.
Modification of the processing facility at Oseberg D to include production from Tune Sor is of limited scope. Production start-up from Tune Sor will be in July 2009, dependent on progress in drilling, completion and testing. Drilling of gas and condensate producing well A-21 AH was planned for completion in May 2009.
The well has been drilled by the Songa Delta (formerly Deepsea Delta) semisub.
Manages 20 Offshore Rigs
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)