ExxonMobil Secures Drilling Permit for Wellbore 25/8-17 in North Sea
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted ExxonMobil Exploration & Production Norway AS a drilling permit for wellbore 25/8-17, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Wellbore 25/8-17 will be drilled from the Bredford Dolphin semisub at position 59 degrees 23' 32.04" North and 02 degrees 20' 1.95" East after it concludes the drilling of exploration well 35/3-7 S for VNG Norge (Operation) AS in production license 270.
The drilling program for wellbore 25/8-17 relates to the drilling of wildcat wells in production license 027 D. ExxonMobil is the operator with a 50 percent ownership interest, while the other licensees are Dana with a 40 percent stake and Det norske with a 10 percent stake. The area in this license consists of parts of block 25/8. Well 25/8-17 is located just south of the Jotun field in the central part of the North Sea.
Production license 027 D was awarded on December 7, 2007 as a supplement to the 1st licensing round. This is the second well drilled in the production license.
The permit is conditional on the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
- Oil Majors Offload Gulf of Mexico Fields to Hunt Bigger Finds (Oct 12)
- Offshore Guyana Pipe Coating Contracts Go to Shawcor (Oct 05)
- ExxonMobil Cranks Up New Unit in Beaumont (Sep 27)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Dana Petroleum more info
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- Dana Petroleum Raises Concerns Over EnQuest North Sea Discovery (Jul 05)
- SDX Energy Quits Cameroon Concession In 'Sensible' Move (Jun 16)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)