Oil Majors Tap ProSep to Supply Proprietary Technologies
ProSep was recently awarded three contracts totaling approximately $1 million (CAD) to supply its proprietary mixing technologies for installation at BP Norge, Conoco Phillips and Maersk Oil & Gas' operations.
"Our Norwegian-developed compact mixing technology is a highly efficient patented process that improves separation of crude components such as produced water, oil and gas in the production process. As the oil and gas industry looks to enhance production and recovery in increasingly challenging environments, our lightweight and compact process solutions are gaining market recognition," said Jacques L. Drouin, President and CEO of ProSep Inc. "These applications reduce the need for chemical or wash-water consumption and provide less pressure drops, all important economical and environmental features that make this technology an attractive solution for enhancing both upstream and downstream treatment activities."
ProSep will supply a ProSalt mixer system for ConocoPhillips' Wilhelmshaven refinery on the North Sea coast of Germany, one of Europe's largest oil refineries. The ProSalt, scheduled to be delivered by the end of the fourth quarter of 2009, will be used to optimize flow conditions by improving injection and mixing of wash-water and optimizing the existing crude desalting process.
ProSep will also supply a ProScav injection mixer for the Skarv FPSO operated by BP Norge AS, the largest field currently in development offshore Norway. A second ProScav injection mixer will be supplied for the Maersk Olie og Gas AS operated HBD Platform topside and jacket Halfdan Phase IV development project in the Danish sector of the North Sea. Both units are expected to be delivered by the end of the fourth quarter of 2009 and will be used to efficiently inject and mix a scavenger chemical to optimize removal of H2S from natural gas at these offshore production facilities.
- Eni Secures Two Deals for Oman Blocks (Jan 14)
- BP Plans to Drill 6 More Wells in Azerbaijan (Jan 10)
- GOM Subsea Contract Goes to TechnipFMC (Jan 09)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
- ConocoPhillips Contracts Rowan Jackup (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Plans for $6.1B Capital Spend in 2019 (Dec 10)
- ConocoPhillips Departs Barnett (Nov 01)
Company: Maersk Oil & Gas more info
- Shell Names Former Maersk Oil CEO Watkins As Next US Boss (Mar 27)
- Maersk Energy Sees Uptick In Offshore Oil Drilling, Profit Still Squeezed (Feb 20)
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)