ExxonMobil Consortium Completes Drilling on Guarani in BM-S-22
Hess announced that the Guarani appraisal well on the BM-S-22 license in the Santos Basin offshore Brazil has been completed and no discovery notice was filed. Hess' share of the well cost will be expensed in the second quarter.
The next step is to analyze the significant amount of seismic, log and core data gathered to plan the location of a third well to help further evaluate the BM-S-22 license.
Hess holds a 40 percent interest in the license. Other participants are ExxonMobil (40 percent) and Petrobras (20 percent). ExxonMobil is operator of the license.
- Ex-Schlumberger Chief to Acquire Biggest Shale Pipe Servicer (Oct 19)
- Exxon Exploration Chief Eyes Africa for Next Elephant Oil Find (Oct 18)
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
Company: Petrobras more info
- Murphy Oil and Petrobras to Form Gulf of Mexico JV (Oct 11)
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
- Union: Petrobras Plans To Start Reopening Replan Refinery In 48 Hours (Aug 22)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
- Hammerhead-1 Strikes Offshore Guyana (Aug 30)
- Hess Loss Shrinks As Higher Oil Prices Offset Falling Output (Jul 25)
- Offshore Guyana Block Could Require Five FPSOs (Jul 23)