ExxonMobil Consortium Completes Drilling on Guarani in BM-S-22
Hess announced that the Guarani appraisal well on the BM-S-22 license in the Santos Basin offshore Brazil has been completed and no discovery notice was filed. Hess' share of the well cost will be expensed in the second quarter.
The next step is to analyze the significant amount of seismic, log and core data gathered to plan the location of a third well to help further evaluate the BM-S-22 license.
Hess holds a 40 percent interest in the license. Other participants are ExxonMobil (40 percent) and Petrobras (20 percent). ExxonMobil is operator of the license.
- Offshore Australia Project Marks Step-Change (Jan 16)
- Venezuela Will Remap its Caribbean Oil, Gas Prospects (Jan 09)
- Offshore Guyana Wildcat Spuds (Jan 07)
Company: Petrobras more info
- Oil May Bring 400,000 Jobs and $258B in Investments to Brazil (Jan 17)
- Petrobras Sells Rights in 37 Oilfields for $823MM (Nov 28)
- Brazil Subsea Pipeline Project Goes to McDermott (Nov 21)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
- Hess Market Cap Plunges $1.5B (Dec 24)
- Hammerhead-1 Strikes Offshore Guyana (Aug 30)
- Hess Loss Shrinks As Higher Oil Prices Offset Falling Output (Jul 25)