Noreco to Conduct Exploration Drilling in Northern North Sea
Norwegian Energy Company ASA (Noreco) has been granted consent to conduct exploration drilling in the northern North Sea with the West Alpha semisub.
The consent applies to drilling of exploration well 25/9-3 which is part of production license 412. The well is located approximately 22 km north of the Balder field and approx. 190 km west of Stavanger.
The well has the following geographical coordinates: N 59 degrees 26' 05.030", E 02 degrees 40' 42.880". The water depth at the site is approximately 125 meters.
The earliest start-up time is the end of July 2009. The drilling activity is estimated to last 40 days.
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Fredriksen Is Back in Rigs After $5 Billion Vanished in Seadrill (Jul 06)
- Seadrill CEO Sees Consolidation Speeding Up Drilling Market Recovery (Jul 03)
- Seadrill Emerges From Chapter 11 Bankruptcy (Jul 02)
Company: Norwegian Energy Company (NORECO) more info
- Shell Agrees to $1.9B Sell of Upstream Danish Assets to Noreco (Oct 17)
- Det Norske to Acquire Noreco's Norwegian Portfolio (Mar 02)
- Noreco Oil UK Receives Huntington License Default Notice (Nov 02)