Noreco to Conduct Exploration Drilling in Northern North Sea
Norwegian Energy Company ASA (Noreco) has been granted consent to conduct exploration drilling in the northern North Sea with the West Alpha semisub.
The consent applies to drilling of exploration well 25/9-3 which is part of production license 412. The well is located approximately 22 km north of the Balder field and approx. 190 km west of Stavanger.
The well has the following geographical coordinates: N 59 degrees 26' 05.030", E 02 degrees 40' 42.880". The water depth at the site is approximately 125 meters.
The earliest start-up time is the end of July 2009. The drilling activity is estimated to last 40 days.
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
Company: Norwegian Energy Company (NORECO) more info
- Det Norske to Acquire Noreco's Norwegian Portfolio (Mar 02)
- Noreco Oil UK Receives Huntington License Default Notice (Nov 02)
- Noreco CEO Steps Down (Oct 13)