Ormen Lange Ramping Back Up After Maintenance
LONDON (Dow Jones Newswires), Jul. 6, 2009
Royal Dutch Shell Monday said its Ormen Lange gas field is ramping back up after a maintenance program of around a week, which curtailed output.
"Maintenance is finalized. We are ramping up to regular production," Shell spokeswoman Kitty Eide told Dow Jones Newswires.
The field was affected by maintenance at its onshore processing plant at Nyhamna, Aukra municipality, but the company declined to stay how much capacity was offline. The field's maximum output is 70 million cubic meters of gas a day. It is located 120 kilometers north west of Kristiansand in the More Basin of the southern Norwegian Sea, and ships gas through the 1,200 kilometer Langeled pipeline, mostly to the U.K. Easington terminal.
Shell said Jul. 1 that work at Ormen Lange "started a couple of days ago and is affecting production," but refrained from giving any further detail on timings or volumes.
Field operator Shell owns around 17% of Ormen Lange, ExxonMobil 7%, Dong 10% StatoilHydro just under 30% and Petoro a little over 36%. The field started producing gas in September 2007.
Copyright (c) 2009 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Exxon Mobil Corporation more info
- Oil Majors Offload Gulf of Mexico Fields to Hunt Bigger Finds (Oct 12)
- Offshore Guyana Pipe Coating Contracts Go to Shawcor (Oct 05)
- ExxonMobil Cranks Up New Unit in Beaumont (Sep 27)
Company: Shell more info
- Shell Exec Says Canada Pipeline Debacle Won't Affect LNG Decision (Sep 24)
- Silvertip Subsea Contract Goes to McDermott (Aug 07)
- Canada Crude Differential Seen Staying High As Refiners Take Downtime (Aug 03)
Company: Petoro more info
- Equinor, Partners to Develop Next Phase of Johan Sverdrup (Aug 27)
- Norway's Parliament Approves Plan for Arctic Oilfield (Jun 11)
- Iceland's Oil Dream in Peril as China, Norway Give Up Last Block (Jan 23)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)