Iraq Asks 1 Co to Revise Nassiriyah Oil Field Bid
BAGHDAD (Dow Jones Newswires), Jul. 6, 2009
The Iraqi oil ministry has asked one company, out of three running for the race to win Nassiriyah oil field in southern Iraq, to revise its offer before the ministry could award it the multi-billion-dollar deal, Iraq's deputy oil minister said Monday.
Italy's Eni SpA, Japan's Nippon Oil Corp. and Spain's Repsol YPF SA have submitted bids to develop the Nassiriyah oil field in the Dhi Qar region.
Ahmad al-Shammaa also said that one of the three companies was excluded because its offer didn't match the time allocated by the ministry to develop the field.
The remaining two bids were still under consideration by the cabinet, the deputy oil minister told Dow Jones Newswires in an interview.
Iraqi oil officials familiar with the negotiations with the three companies have said that Repsol is out of the race.
Shammaa didn't specify which company has lost out, but did say that one bid out of the remaining two is better in terms of price. He didn't name the company that submitted the best bid.
"We are in talks with the company in order to change some its conditions, especially concerning payment," he said.
Copyright (c) 2009 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
- Offshore Mozambique Block Goes to Eni (Oct 17)
- Offshore Mexico FPSO Contract Goes to Modec (Oct 12)
- Eni Makes New Gas Discovery in Egypt (Aug 30)
Company: Repsol more info
- Sources: Spain's Repsol Hires Tanker For Iran's Pars Oil As Sanctions Loom (Jun 19)
- Total Signs Deal to Extend TFT Gas Field License in Algeria (Jun 11)
- Repsol Asks Vietnam For Compensation After Drilling Project Halted (May 04)
Company: Nippon Oil Exploration more info
- Canadian Oil Sands Halts Syncrude Production After Fire, Prices Spike (Aug 31)
- Tap Updates Zola-1 Drilling in Carnarvon Basin (Dec 22)
- Iraq-Nippon Talks on Nassiriya Oil Field Deadlocked (Mar 01)
Company: Iraq Ministry of Oil more info
- Exxon Spearheads Iraqi Water-Injection Project (Apr 19)
- Iraq to Alter Signature Bonuses on 2 Oil Field Deals (Apr 15)
- Iraq Plans New Licensing Auction for 3 Gas Fields (Apr 14)