NPD Grants StatoilHydro Drilling Permit for Wellbore 34/10-52 S
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted StatoilHydro Petroleum AS a drilling permit for wellbore 34/10-52 S, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
The drilling program for wellbore 34/10-52 S relates to the drilling of an appraisal well in production license 050. The well will be drilled from the Deepsea Atlantic semisub at position 61 degrees 04'31.83" North and 02 degrees 14'04.58" East.
The area in this production license consists of parts of blocks 34/10, including the Gullfaks and Gullfaks Sor fields in the North Sea.
StatoilHydro Petroleum AS is the operator with a 70 percent ownership interest, and Petoro AS is the licensee with a 30 percent ownership interest.
The permit is conditional upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
Manages 20 Offshore Rigs
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)