PetroVietnam to Set Up Oil JV for Devt Offshore Venezuela
HANOI (Dow Jones Newswires), Jul. 3, 2009
State-run Vietnam Oil and Gas Group, or PetroVietnam, said Friday it will set up an oil joint venture with Venezuelan Petroleum Corp. in the second half of this year.
The joint venture, PetroMacareo, will produce oil in the Junin-2 offshore block in Venezuela's Orinoco belt, PetroVietnam said in a statement.
State media said in May that Venezuelan Petroleum Corp., a subsidiary of Venezuela's state oil firm PdVSA, will hold a 60% stake in the joint venture, while PetroVietnam Exploration Production Corp., a leading production unit of PetroVietnam, will hold the remaining 40%.
PetroMacareo will be able to produce a combined 200,000 barrels a day of heavy and extra heavy oil from the Junin-2 block, which will then be processed into light crude oil to supply to an oil refinery in Vietnam, said Voice of Vietnam radio.
Copyright (c) 2009 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
- Vietnam Court Sentences to Death PetroVietnam Ex-Chairman in Mass Trial (Sep 29)
- Asia Oil Refinery Delays Favor Producer Case for Extending Output Cuts (May 22)
- Vietnam's Sole Refinery Plans to Sell 5-6 Pct Stake in IPO in Q4 (May 22)