SBM Offshore Finalizes Project Loan, Offshore Projects
AMSTERDAM (Dow Jones Newswires), Jul. 2, 2009
SBM Offshore, the Dutch marine construction and offshore company, finalized a $350 million Canadian project loan agreement and has delivered an offshore platform for Chevron Corp. in Brazil, it said Thursday.
SBM said it has completed the $350 million loan facility to finance and lease a new offshore gas facility in Canada for Encana Corp. This facility is to start production late 2010.
SBM completed the installation of an offshore platform for Chevron Frade BV, 375 kilometers northeast of Rio de Janeiro. The facility has a daily production capacity of 100,000 barrels of oil and 106 million cubic feet of gas.
It took SBM 26 months to finalize the project and about 18 million work-hours have been spent in it. SBM didn't elaborate on turnover and profit of the project.
SBM also announced Thursday that it has finalized the delivery to Petronas Carigali of several offshore oil and gas facilities in Turkmenistan. The non-recurring turnover of this project amounted to $51.5 million and it brought a post-tax profit of $30 million.
SBM said its operating contract with Total SA for the offshore Amenam field in Nigeria has been extended until June 2010.
Copyright (c) 2009 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
- Saudi Aramco and Total JV to Hire SMBC to Advise on Funding (Jan 17)
- Deepwater Nigeria Field Starts Production (Jan 02)
- Total Spuds Well Offshore South Africa (Dec 27)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Transocean Lands $830MM Rig Contract with Chevron (Dec 28)
- Premier Oil Eyes Bid for Chevron's North Sea Assets (Dec 13)
- Big Oil Battles Prolonged Gender Problem (Dec 04)
Company: PETRONAS more info
- Petronas-Saudi RAPID Refinery To Receive First Oil Cargo By End-Sept (Sep 13)
- Petronas Eyes South Sudan Oil Blocks (Sep 11)
- Sources: Aramco Plans To Ship First Crude Oil To Malaysia JV Refinery (Sep 04)
Company: EnCana more info
- Encana to Acquire Newfield for $5.5 Billion (Nov 01)
- DJR Energy to Acquire $480MM Worth of San Juan Assets from Encana (Oct 01)
- Canada Shale Drillers Feel Permian Pain as Prices Collapse (Sep 20)
Company: SBM Offshore N.V. more info
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
- SBM Offshore, Repsol to Get $247 Million in Yme Insurance Settlement (Jul 17)
- Weak Oil Pushes SBM Offshore To Axe More Jobs (Aug 10)