SBM Offshore Finalizes Project Loan, Offshore Projects
AMSTERDAM (Dow Jones Newswires), Jul. 2, 2009
SBM Offshore, the Dutch marine construction and offshore company, finalized a $350 million Canadian project loan agreement and has delivered an offshore platform for Chevron Corp. in Brazil, it said Thursday.
SBM said it has completed the $350 million loan facility to finance and lease a new offshore gas facility in Canada for Encana Corp. This facility is to start production late 2010.
SBM completed the installation of an offshore platform for Chevron Frade BV, 375 kilometers northeast of Rio de Janeiro. The facility has a daily production capacity of 100,000 barrels of oil and 106 million cubic feet of gas.
It took SBM 26 months to finalize the project and about 18 million work-hours have been spent in it. SBM didn't elaborate on turnover and profit of the project.
SBM also announced Thursday that it has finalized the delivery to Petronas Carigali of several offshore oil and gas facilities in Turkmenistan. The non-recurring turnover of this project amounted to $51.5 million and it brought a post-tax profit of $30 million.
SBM said its operating contract with Total SA for the offshore Amenam field in Nigeria has been extended until June 2010.
Copyright (c) 2009 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: PETRONAS more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: EnCana more info
- Encana Calls End to Permian Race as Focus Turns to Output (Oct 18)
- Canada's Encana Smashes Profit Estimates, Shares Rise (Jul 21)
- Encana To Sell Natgas Assets To Caerus Oil For $735MM (Jun 09)
Company: SBM Offshore N.V. more info
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
- SBM Offshore, Repsol to Get $247 Million in Yme Insurance Settlement (Jul 17)
- Weak Oil Pushes SBM Offshore To Axe More Jobs (Aug 10)