AWE Prepares to Deepen Apium North-1 Well
AWE, on behalf of the L1 joint venture, reported that the Apium North-1 well had reached a measured depth of 2,445 meters where logging operations were undertaken. No significant hydrocarbons were encountered in the primary target.
The joint venture has decided to deepen the well to test the sandstones within the Irwin River Coal Measures. At 0800 hours today (WA time) the well was preparing to drill ahead to the deeper targets.
Apium North-1 is a gas exploration well located in Production License L1 of the North Perth Basin. Apium North is the second of a planned 4-well drilling campaign to be undertaken by AWE and Joint Venturers in the region.
AWE and Origin Energy are joint venture partners in License L1, and each party holds a 50% interest.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)