Lundin Gets Green Light to Drill 16/1-12 Well with Songa Dee
Lundin Norway AS (Lundin) has been granted consent to conduct exploration drilling in the southern part of the North Sea with the Songa Dee semisub.
The consent applies to drilling of exploration well 16/1-12 which belongs to production license 338. A sidetrack might also be drilled.
The well has the following geographical coordinates: N 58 degrees 48' 22.48", E 02 degrees 15' 50.73". The water depth at the site is approximately 107 meters.
According to the plan, the drilling activity is to start at the end of June 2009. The activity has a planned duration of 74 days, including well testing.
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Songa Offshore ASA more info
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)