Diamond Offshore Completes Purchase of PetroRig 1
Diamond Offshore Drilling has completed purchase of the semisubmersible offshore drilling unit PetroRig I from Jurong Shipyard Pte Ltd.
Purchase price for the rig, which will be renamed Ocean Courage, was $460 million exclusive of initial mobilization costs, drillstring and other necessary spares. The Company has received several inquires from potential customers regarding availability of the unit.
Manages 18 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Jurong Shipyard more info
- NADL, Jurong Shipyard Extend Standstill Agreement for West Rigel (Jun 08)
- Maersk Drilling Acquires Newbuild Jackup from Hercules Offshore for $190M (May 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Dismisses EIG's Allegations on Sete Brasil Investment (May 25)