StatoilHydro Gets Go-Ahead to Use Mud Module on Oseberg Ost
StatoilHydro has been granted consent to use a mud and cement mixing module on Oseberg Ost. The consent has no time limit.
In March 2007, Norsk Hydro (Hydro) applied for consent to use a new mud and cement mixing module on the Oseberg Ost facility. Hydro was granted consent to use the module until May 1, 2008.
Following an audit on the facility and after dialogue with Hydro (StatoilHydro after the merger), the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway extended the consent until July 1, 2009.
PSA has now granted StatoilHydro consent to use the mud and cement mixing module on Oseberg Ost with no time limit.
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)