Weatherford, Eni Team Up to Develop Subsea Drilling-with-Casing System
Weatherford has been awarded an Innovative Technology Agreement with ENI to develop a subsea drilling-with-casing (DwCTM) system.
This technology, known as the SeaLanceTM system, will enable a 20-inch casing string and its high pressure wellhead housing to be drilled to a pre-determined depth, cemented in place and released in one run. The system will be capable of working with any high pressure wellhead housing on the market.
This technology agreement is aimed at realizing the benefits that a proven technology like the DwC system can offer, including mitigating shallow hazards, in a previously non-applicable and costly subsea environment. In doing so, this system will minimize risk while allowing maximum flow area to be maintained.
Ultimately, the SeaLance system will allow the remaining casing seats to be pushed deeper into the wellbore. This technology advancement will further enable applications in sub-salt plays.
- Weatherford Sells Data Logging Business to Pay Debt (Dec 17)
- ADES Buys 11 Drilling Rigs from Weatherford (Dec 03)
- Weatherford Sells Laboratory Business for $205MM (Oct 24)
Company: ENI more info
- Eni Secures Two Deals for Oman Blocks (Jan 14)
- Eni to Operate Alaska Oil Field (Jan 03)
- Eni Spuds Well in Central North Sea (Dec 31)