MCS Secures Subsea Gig for BP's Deepwater Angola Devt
Leading advanced subsea and riser technology consultancy MCS has secured a contract from J P Kenny to carry out comprehensive umbilical and riser design verification analysis for BP's deepwater development off the coast of Angola.
The deal will see MCS provide services for the Plutao, Saturno, Venus and Marte fields in the Block 31 deepwater project. It is anticipated that up to 10 MCS staff will work on the activity, the first phase of which runs for three to four months.
John Conroy, CEO, said, "Winning this sub-contract represents a significant milestone for MCS. It is the first major design verification project that we have won via J P Kenny for riser and umbilical analysis.
"This award demonstrates the excellent fit of capabilities between MCS and J P Kenny and we anticipate this project will mark the beginning of a long term working relationship. We hope that there will be further opportunities for MCS as BP develops additional fields within the Angolan Block 31 development and elsewhere in the future."
An advanced subsea technology company with offices in Galway, Aberdeen, Houston, Rio, Perth, Paris and Kuala Lumpur, MCS currently employs over 200 people and provides engineering solutions including subsea integrity management, proprietary software and riser design expertise, across a wide variety of projects worldwide.
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- BP and Aker BP Form Technology Alliance (Oct 03)
- Oil Price Spike Could be Short-lived (Sep 25)
Company: Wood plc more info
- Wood Study Explores Modular Options for Hammerfest LNG (Aug 29)
- OTC 2018: Wood Sees Its Digital Business Expanding in Future (May 01)
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
Company: MCS more info
- MCS Secures Subsea Gig for BP's Deepwater Angola Devt (Jun 24)
- Flexible Network Forum to Visit Balmoral Offshore Engineering (Jun 15)
- MCS to Lead Wood Group's Advanced Subsea Technology Drive (Jun 09)