AWE, Origin Commence Drilling Operations at Apium North-1
AWE, on behalf of the L1 joint venture, reported that the Apium North-1 well started drilling on Sunday, June 21, 2009. At 0800 hours today, the well had been drilled to a measured depth of 1,316 meters. The current operation is preparing to run 9-5/8" casing.
Apium North-1 is a gas exploration well located in Production License L1 of the North Perth Basin. The well will target the Dongara Sandstone in a fault bounded structure. The Apium North-1 well is expected to drill to a total measured depth of 2,811 meters.
Apium North is the second of a planned 4-well drilling campaign to be undertaken by AWE and Joint Venturers in the region.
Joint Venturers in Production License L1 are:
- AWE (Operator) 50%
- Origin Energy Resources Limited 50%
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)