StatoilHydro Gets Go-Ahead to Use Bideford Dolphin in North Sea
StatoilHydro has been granted consent for the use of the Bideford Dolphin semisub in the northern part the North Sea.
The consent applies to production drilling, completion and well clean-up on Vega and Vega Sør on wells 35/11-R-12 H, 35/11-R-14 H, 35/11-R-14 AH, 35/8-Q-12 H, 35/8-Q-14 H, 35/8-Q-14 AH, 35/8-P-11 H and 35/8-P-13 H.
Vega and Vega Sor are gas and condensate fields under production licenses 090C and 248, which are located in the proximity of the Fram field. The water depth is about 375 meters.
An overall Plan for Development and Operation (PDO) for the fields was approved by the authorities in June 2007. According to the plan, production will start in the autumn of 2010.
Expected start-up is July 1, 2009, depending on the results from and progress of the activities carried out in advance.
A shipyard stay is planned in connection with the classification of the facility just before drilling is to start on Vega.
According to the plan, activities on Vega will last until January 2011.
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)