Beach, Cooper Spy Oil Shows at Butlers-1 in Australia
Cooper Energy announced that the Butlers-1 well has encountered oil shows in the Namur Sandstone primary target. Butlers-1 is located just south of the Perlubie-1 and Perlubie South-1 oil discoveries.
The expected plan is that the well will drill through the secondary targets to total depth. Wireline logs will then be run later this week when a further announcement will be made.
Pertinent details for the prospect are:
- Primary target: Namur Sandstone
- Primary target size: 1.37 million barrels P50 undiscovered recoverable oil1 (100% JV)
- Secondary targets: Birkhead Formation, Hutton Sandstone, Poolowanna Formation.
- Well depth: 1,770 metres
- Well cost: A$1.64 million (100% JV)
- Nearest oil fields: Perlubie South 2.6 km north.
- Joint Venture: Beach Petroleum (75%), Cooper Energy (25%)
- Beach Commences Production from Middleton Gas Project (Jan 09)
- Beach Says Hello to Mr. Rod Rayner (Nov 11)
- Beach Energy Gains Majority Control of Adelaide Energy (Nov 10)
Company: Cooper Energy NL more info
- Cooper Secures Drilling Rig For Hammamet West-3 Well Offshore Tunisia (Jul 16)
- Cooper Chalks Up Double Oil Strike With Christies-7 Well (Jul 05)
- Drilling Continues at Cooper's Riley Well (May 17)