Enbridge to Develop Pipeline System for Kearl Oil Sands Project
Enbridge has entered into an agreement with Imperial Oil Resources Ventures Limited and ExxonMobil Canada Properties to provide for the transportation of blended bitumen from the Kearl project in the Athabasca Oil Sands region of northern Alberta to the Edmonton, Alberta area.
"Enbridge is pleased to have been selected by Imperial and ExxonMobil," said Patrick D. Daniel, President and Chief Executive Officer, Enbridge Inc. "The location of the project is an excellent fit with Enbridge's new and existing pipeline and terminaling facilities and is expected to contribute continued earnings growth in 2012 and beyond."
Mr. Daniel noted that the estimated cost of the pipelines and related facilities is subject to finalization of scope and detailed engineering, and regulatory approvals.
"Through the recent sale of our interest in Ocensa and higher than expected cash flows from operations over the next four years, Enbridge has significant financing capacity for new investments and we believe we can easily accommodate the equity funding requirement for the project from internally generated cash flow," said Mr. Daniel.
Operates 15 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil's Reserves Jump 19% On Growth In US Shale, UAE (Feb 09)
- ExxonMobil Hits Baytown Ethane Cracker Milestone (Feb 07)
- ExxonMobil Stock Rout Deepens as Profit Flub Meets S&P 500 Plunge (Feb 05)
Company: Imperial Oil more info
- Canada's Imperial Oil Misses Profit Estimate As Expenses Weigh (Feb 02)
- Canada's Imperial Oil Posts Unexpected 2Q Loss (Jul 28)
- Imperial Oil Profit Boosted By Asset-Sale Gain (Jan 31)
Company: Enbridge more info
- Enbridge To Double Asset Sales, Targets About C$8B, Sources Say (Feb 15)
- As Siberian Gas Awaits US Landing, a Second Ship May Be Coming (Jan 26)
- Permian Basin Refinery Project Doubles in Capacity (Dec 12)