ConocoPhillips Secures Maersk Gallant for Repairs at Ekofisk
ConocoPhillips has been granted consent for the use of the Maersk Gallant jackup on the Ekofisk field.
The consent applies to use of the facility's helicopter deck and living quarters in connection with repairs following the vessel Big Orange XVIII's collision with the Ekofisk facility 2/4 W on Jun. 8.
The collision caused damage to 2/4-W (facility, bridge and well equipment).
Maersk Gallant will be located to the the east of Ekofisk 2/4-M. According to plan, the rig will be used from mid-June 2009 to mid-July 2009.
- CEO: Maersk Drilling Strong Enough To Stand On Its Own After Listing (Aug 28)
- Maersk Drilling Lays Off Dozens in GOM (Jan 23)
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
- ConocoPhillips Strikes First Oil at New Alaska Site (Oct 10)
- ConocoPhillips to Divest Timor Sea Acreage (Oct 01)
- KBR, ConocoPhillips to Develop Off-the-Shelf LNG Tech (Sep 18)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)