ConocoPhillips Secures Maersk Gallant for Repairs at Ekofisk
ConocoPhillips has been granted consent for the use of the Maersk Gallant jackup on the Ekofisk field.
The consent applies to use of the facility's helicopter deck and living quarters in connection with repairs following the vessel Big Orange XVIII's collision with the Ekofisk facility 2/4 W on Jun. 8.
The collision caused damage to 2/4-W (facility, bridge and well equipment).
Maersk Gallant will be located to the the east of Ekofisk 2/4-M. According to plan, the rig will be used from mid-June 2009 to mid-July 2009.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)