Blom to Survey Area in Algerian Desert for O&G Pipeline Project
Blom has signed a contract with Italian Saipem for laser scanning and aerial photography of a large area in the Algerian desert. The survey will be executed to provide data for a new oil and gas pipeline project in the area.
Blom CGR, Blom's Italian subsidiary, has signed a contract with Saipem, the Italian subsidiary of the ENI Group acting worldwide for construction of pipeline for oil and gas. The contract is for a survey of an area in the Algerian desert, close to Hassi Messaoud, and includes laser scanning (LiDAR) and aerial photography.
"We are very excited we have won the contract with Saipem, the largest international contractor within the oil and gas industry," Giovanni Banchini, CEO Blom CGR, says. "As both Blom and Saipem have good relations with the Algerian Authorities and are active in this part of North Africa, this project could be representing the beginning of a collaborate relationship between Blom and Saipem for further activities in Algeria," he continued.
The survey will be completed by the end of this quarter. The surveying activities will provide basic topographic data; LiDAR digital surface models (DSM), digital terrain models (DTM) and orthophotos, for a project constructing a new oil and gas pipeline in the area. The new pipeline will connect a new gas station to existing gas stations in the area. These activities are carried out by the Algerian oil and gas company, Sonatrach.
- Algeria In Talks With Oil Firms To Set Up Trading Venture (Jul 24)
- Total Signs Deal to Extend TFT Gas Field License in Algeria (Jun 11)
- Trained Engineer Takes On Algeria's Energy Monolith (Mar 29)
Company: Saipem more info
- Offshore Egypt Project to Start New Phase (Dec 20)
- Arctic LNG Contract Goes to Saipem (Dec 19)
- Saipem-led JV Wins Contract for LNG Project in Nigeria (Jul 13)
Company: Blom ASA more info
- Blom, Gardline Collaboration Charts New Waters for Coastal Mapping (May 18)
- TGS Taps Blom to Survey Blocks on Norwegian Continental Shelf (Sep 28)
- Blom to Survey Area in Algerian Desert for O&G Pipeline Project (Jun 19)