Maurel & Prom Increases Stake in Operating License Offshore Congo
Maurel & Prom has signed a memorandum of understanding in order to increase its participating interest in the Marine III operating license in the Congo (Brazzaville).
At the end of this process, Maurel & Prom will hold 75% of the rights (versus 20%) in this license in partnership with the Societe Nationale des Petrole Congolais (SNPC), with whom it had already partnered in the M'Boundi license. At the same time, the Group is giving up its participating interest in the Tilapia operating license.
Maurel & Prom will thus become an offshore operator in a country in which it has significant knowledge of geotechnical and sociological data.
The cost of the transaction amounts to approximately EUR10 million, payable in cash and Maurel & Prom shares.
Two exploration wells will be drilled during the second half of 2009.
The transaction underpins Maurel & Prom's strategy to maximize the value of its mining portfolio through exploration in zones that are already known to its teams.
- Gabon Oil Workers To End Strike At Onal Field On Wednesday (Oct 25)
- Indonesia's Pertamina Takes 24.53% Stake in France's Maurel & Prom (Aug 03)
- Maurel & Prom Makes Deep Cuts as Oil Price Fall Bites (Jan 28)
Company: Societe Nationale des Petroles du Congo (SNPC) more info
- Congo Republic State Oil Firm Seeks To Revive Oilfields (Apr 11)
- Eni Teams up with SNPC to Explore Cuvette Basin (Sep 19)
- Murphy Strikes Black Gold at Turquoise Marine-1 Offshore Congo (Jul 17)