FMC Technologies Dives into Jubilee Deepwater Development
FMC Technologies will support the Jubilee Integrated Project Team (IPT) -- consisting of Kosmos Energy (technical operator), Anadarko Petroleum and Tullow Oil & Gas (unit operator) -- with the design and manufacture of subsea production systems for use in the Jubilee deepwater development. The award is expected to result in $210 million in revenue to FMC Technologies.
The Jubilee development is located in approximately 4,000 - 5,100 feet (1,200 - 1,500 meters) of water offshore Ghana, Africa. FMC's scope of supply will include 19 enhanced horizontal subsea trees, 5 production manifolds, 3 injection manifolds, a pair of riser bases and associated control systems for the project.
Jubilee is a fast-track project which was initiated in 2008 and deliveries are scheduled to begin in three months. Equipment for this order is based on FMC's proven standard designs and will be supplied through the company's accelerated delivery program (Subsea OnDemand™) to meet short lead-time requirements.
"FMC has a strong presence in West Africa," said John Gremp, Executive Vice President of FMC Technologies, "and we're pleased to support the Jubilee IPT in their fast-track development of this new subsea project in Ghana."
- US Energy Operations Begin Recovering After Tropical Storm Gordon (Sep 05)
- Storm Gordon Halts Some Energy Production In US Gulf (Sep 04)
- BLOG: The Good Deeds of Oil, Gas (Aug 09)
Company: Tullow Oil more info
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Offshore Namibia Dud Dims Outlook for New Play (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)
Company: Kosmos Energy more info
- Kosmos Energy Expands into Gulf of Mexico with $1.23 bln DGE Buy (Aug 06)
- Forget Tech, Big Oil is Doling Out America's Fattest Paychecks (Jul 05)
- BP's West Africa Partner Kosmos To List In London By End-September (Aug 02)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)