FMC Technologies Dives into Jubilee Deepwater Development
FMC Technologies will support the Jubilee Integrated Project Team (IPT) -- consisting of Kosmos Energy (technical operator), Anadarko Petroleum and Tullow Oil & Gas (unit operator) -- with the design and manufacture of subsea production systems for use in the Jubilee deepwater development. The award is expected to result in $210 million in revenue to FMC Technologies.
The Jubilee development is located in approximately 4,000 - 5,100 feet (1,200 - 1,500 meters) of water offshore Ghana, Africa. FMC's scope of supply will include 19 enhanced horizontal subsea trees, 5 production manifolds, 3 injection manifolds, a pair of riser bases and associated control systems for the project.
Jubilee is a fast-track project which was initiated in 2008 and deliveries are scheduled to begin in three months. Equipment for this order is based on FMC's proven standard designs and will be supplied through the company's accelerated delivery program (Subsea OnDemand™) to meet short lead-time requirements.
"FMC has a strong presence in West Africa," said John Gremp, Executive Vice President of FMC Technologies, "and we're pleased to support the Jubilee IPT in their fast-track development of this new subsea project in Ghana."
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)
Company: Tullow Oil more info
- Ivory Coast Awards Tullow Two New Oil and Gas Blocks (Jan 17)
- UK's Tullow Oil Lifts Outlook On Higher Crude Prices, Output (Nov 08)
- Tullow Oil Signs Exploration Contracts Offshore Ivory Coast (Oct 11)
Company: Kosmos Energy more info
- BP's West Africa Partner Kosmos To List In London By End-September (Aug 02)
- BP, Kosmos Make Major Gas Find Off Coast Of Senegal (May 08)
- BP to Create New LNG Hub in Africa with Latest Kosmos Buy (Dec 19)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)