Petroceltic Drills INE-2 in Algeria's Isarene Block to Total Depth
Petroceltic International announced that well INE-2, the first operated well in the current drilling campaign on the Isarene Block in the Illizi basin of Algeria, has been successfully drilled to its target depth of 1,020 meters. The well was targeting the Devonian F2 sands in the ISAS structure and was completed on prognosis and on budget. Wireline log information and drilling data have confirmed gas bearing intervals in the objective Devonian F2 sands which are in line with expectations. The well was drilled by Petroceltic (75% interest, Operator) in association with the Algerian Oil & Gas Company Sonatrach (25% Interest).
The well has been suspended for testing, and the rig has left the location and is mobilizing to the AT-1 location on the Ain Tsila Ridge. AT-1 is expected to commence drilling on location around June 20, 2009. The INE-2 well is planned to be tested after testing of the AT-1 well.
Brian O'Cathain, Chief Executive of Petroceltic, commented, "It is very encouraging being the first well in the program with a new, recently imported rig that the well was drilled on budget and close to the planned time of 17 days and that preliminary results show it to be in line with expectations. We look forward to continued good progress with the second well and the testing program."
- Algeria's Sonatrach Chief Urges Oil Industry Reforms (Sep 18)
- Algeria's Sonatrach To Boost Output From Rhourde El Baguel Field (Sep 18)
- Total Signs New Deal With Algeria's Sonatrach And Settles Earlier Disputes (Apr 10)
Company: Petroceltic International PLC more info
- Petroceltic Board Steps Down Following Survival Scheme Approval (Jun 17)
- At-13 Well in Algeria Hits 240-Foot Gas-Bearing Formation (May 23)
- Petroceltic Says Worldview To Take Control Of Group (May 12)