Shoaibi Group Partners Up with FMC Technologies in Saudi Arabia
Shoaibi Group (SG) and "FMC Petroleum Equipment (Malaysia) SND. BHD.," a wholly owned subsidiary of FMC Technologies, announced the formation of FMC Technologies Saudi Arabia LTD, a joint venture based in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia, offering oil operators equipment and services for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
The joint venture will manufacture surface wellhead equipment meeting API standards as well as FMC's rigorous global quality standards in Saudi Arabia, and will benefit significantly from Shoaibi Group's strong operations and market expertise across the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
"This represents a significant milestone in becoming more responsive to Saudi ARAMCO and to our ever-expanding customer base," said Don Underwood, General Manager of Asia Pacific Middle East for FMC Technologies. "It is consistent with our commitment to sustainable development in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia."
Khaled Suhayl Al Shoaibi, Director of Shoaibi Group, said, "We are honored to extend our business venture with FMC Technologies into local manufacturing, and trust our partnership will achieve excellent results. FMC Technologies, as a world leader in technology solutions for the energy industry, fuses well with our strategy to bring technology to the Middle East and North African oil and gas markets."
- Saudi Arabia in Talks to Build Refinery in South Africa (Jan 18)
- Saudi Aramco and Total JV to Hire SMBC to Advise on Funding (Jan 17)
- Saudi Arabia Boosts Reserves Ahead of Aramco's IPO (Jan 09)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)