Tower Resources Completes, Abandons Iti-1 in Uganda's EA5 License
Global advised that Tower Resources has completed operations on the Iti-1 exploration well in Uganda License EA5.
Tower has advised that the well, which was drilled to a total depth of 592 meters, did not encounter any producible reservoir sands at the Iti-1 location. Minor hydrocarbon shows were monitored during drilling but evidence of limited quantities of oil in the lowermost target horizon remained ambiguous in the subsequent down-hole well logs and pressure test data. The lack of reservoir at this location could not justify further testing or the immediate move to drill a second well. A complete re-evaluation of the well data, combined with all other available technical data, will now be undertaken.
- Global Petroleum Appoints New Director (Jun 10)
- Global Petroleum Looking to Acquire New Projects, Remains 'Selective' (Jan 29)
- Global Petroleum Director Resigns from Board (Jan 22)
Company: Tower Resources more info
- Africa-Focused Energy Companies Prioritize Cost Savings (Mar 07)
- Tower Pulls Out of South Africa Project (Feb 16)
- Tower Resources Director Retires (Feb 05)