Lundin Gets Go-Ahead to Drill in the Northern North Sea with Songa Dee
Lundin Norway AS (Lundin) has been granted consent to conduct exploration drilling in the northern North Sea with the Songa Dee semisub.
Well 25/10-9 is part of production license 304 and is located southwest of the Balder field. The well has the following geographical coordinates: N 59 degrees 06' 34.665", E 02 degrees 10' 7.809". The distance to shore is approximately 172 kilometers.
Lundin has also applied for consent to drill a possible sidetrack 25/10-9 A based on the results and time available. The company will forward the drilling program for the sidetrack to the PSA if this activity should be relevant.
Drilling starts in June 2009. The activity has an estimated duration of 46 days.
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Songa Offshore ASA more info
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)