Det Norske Gets Go-Ahead from NPD to Drill Wildcat Well in PL 380
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Det norske oljeselskap ASA a drilling permit for wellbore 6407/2-4, ref. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Wellbore 6407/2-4 will be drilled from the Songa Delta semisub at position 64 degrees 57'47.4" N and 07 degrees 26'51.2" E.
The drilling program for wellbore 6407/2-4 relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production license 380. Det norske oljeselskap ASA is the operator with 70.00% and VNG Norge AS is the partner with 30.00%.
Well 6407/2-4 is located about 7 km southwest of the Midgard field. The production license consists of part of block 6407/2. Production license 380 was awarded in APA 2005.
Wildcat well 6407/2-4 is the first well in production license 380.
The drilling permit assumes that all other permits and consents required by other authorities have been secured before the drilling activity commences.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: VNG more info
- VNG Norge Spuds Blink Prospect Well in Norwegian Sea (Sep 23)
- VNG Norge Discovers up to 25M Barrels in Norwegian Sea (Jul 11)
- VNG's Pil Well Flows at 6,710 Bopd (Apr 10)
Company: Songa Offshore ASA more info
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Songa Offshore to Cut 430 Jobs Due to Ongoing Norway Oil, Gas Strikes (Sep 30)
- Songa Encourage Rig Commences 8-Year Statoil Drilling Contract (Apr 12)