StatoilHydro Secures Drilling Permit for Wellbore 6506/12-12 S
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted StatoilHydro Petroleum AS a drilling permit for wellbore 6506/12-12 S, ref. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations. Wellbore 6506/12-12 S will be drilled from the Transocean Leader semisub at position 65 degrees 13' 1.20" N and 06 degrees 54' 29.8" E.
The drilling program for wellbore 6506/12-12 S relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production license 94. StatoilHydro Petroleum AS is the operator with 40.95% and Eni Norge AS (19.6%), Petoro AS (14.95%), ExxonMobil Exploration & Production Norway AS (14.7%) and Total E&P Norge AS (9.8%) are the partners.
Well 6506/12-12 S is located about 3 km north of Åsgard. The production license consists of part of block 6506/12. Production license 94 was awarded in the 8th licensing round in 1984.
Wildcat well 6506/12-12 S is the 12th well in production license 94.The drilling permit assumes that all other permits and consents required by other authorities have been secured before the drilling activity commences.
- Offshore Australia Project Marks Step-Change (Jan 16)
- Venezuela Will Remap its Caribbean Oil, Gas Prospects (Jan 09)
- Offshore Guyana Wildcat Spuds (Jan 07)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Saudi Aramco and Total JV to Hire SMBC to Advise on Funding (Jan 17)
- Deepwater Nigeria Field Starts Production (Jan 02)
- Total Spuds Well Offshore South Africa (Dec 27)
Company: ENI more info
- Eni Secures Two Deals for Oman Blocks (Jan 14)
- Eni to Operate Alaska Oil Field (Jan 03)
- Eni Spuds Well in Central North Sea (Dec 31)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
- Transocean Lands $830MM Rig Contract with Chevron (Dec 28)
- Transocean Acquires Ocean Rig (Dec 05)
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Petoro more info
- Equinor, Partners to Develop Next Phase of Johan Sverdrup (Aug 27)
- Norway's Parliament Approves Plan for Arctic Oilfield (Jun 11)
- Iceland's Oil Dream in Peril as China, Norway Give Up Last Block (Jan 23)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)