StatoilHydro Secures Drilling Permit for Wellbore 6506/12-12 S
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted StatoilHydro Petroleum AS a drilling permit for wellbore 6506/12-12 S, ref. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations. Wellbore 6506/12-12 S will be drilled from the Transocean Leader semisub at position 65 degrees 13' 1.20" N and 06 degrees 54' 29.8" E.
The drilling program for wellbore 6506/12-12 S relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production license 94. StatoilHydro Petroleum AS is the operator with 40.95% and Eni Norge AS (19.6%), Petoro AS (14.95%), ExxonMobil Exploration & Production Norway AS (14.7%) and Total E&P Norge AS (9.8%) are the partners.
Well 6506/12-12 S is located about 3 km north of Åsgard. The production license consists of part of block 6506/12. Production license 94 was awarded in the 8th licensing round in 1984.
Wildcat well 6506/12-12 S is the 12th well in production license 94.The drilling permit assumes that all other permits and consents required by other authorities have been secured before the drilling activity commences.
- Exxon Exploration Chief Eyes Africa for Next Elephant Oil Find (Oct 18)
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- Oil Majors Offload Gulf of Mexico Fields to Hunt Bigger Finds (Oct 12)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Oil CEOs Jostle for Global Natgas Crown Under Putin's Gaze (Oct 04)
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)
Company: ENI more info
- Offshore Mozambique Block Goes to Eni (Oct 17)
- Offshore Mexico FPSO Contract Goes to Modec (Oct 12)
- Eni Makes New Gas Discovery in Egypt (Aug 30)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
- Transocean Wins Multi-well NCS Contract for New Semisub (Sep 21)
- Driller Transocean Eyes Improved Lease Rates, Activity In 2019 (Sep 05)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Petoro more info
- Equinor, Partners to Develop Next Phase of Johan Sverdrup (Aug 27)
- Norway's Parliament Approves Plan for Arctic Oilfield (Jun 11)
- Iceland's Oil Dream in Peril as China, Norway Give Up Last Block (Jan 23)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)