NPD Grants Drilling Permit to StatoilHydro for Wellbore 6407/2-5 S
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted StatoilHydro Petroleum AS a drilling permit for wellbore 6407/2-5 S, ref. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations. Wellbore 6407/2-5 S will be drilled from the Ocean Vanguard semisub at position 64 degrees 50' 55.7" N and 07 degrees 35' 05.7" E.
The drilling program for wellbore 6407/2-5 S relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 074. StatoilHydro is the operator with 40.85% and Eni Norge AS (29.4%), Petoro AS (19.95%), ExxonMobil Exploration & Production Norway AS (9.8%) are the partners.
Well 6407/2-5 S is located about 10 km south south of the Åsgard field. The production license consists of part of block 6407/2.
Production license 074 was awarded in the 5th licensing round in 1982.
Wildcat well 6407/2-5 S is the fourth well in production license 074.The drilling permit assumes that all other permits and consents required by other authorities have been secured before the drilling activity commences.
- Offshore Australia Project Marks Step-Change (Jan 16)
- Venezuela Will Remap its Caribbean Oil, Gas Prospects (Jan 09)
- Offshore Guyana Wildcat Spuds (Jan 07)
Company: ENI more info
- Eni Secures Two Deals for Oman Blocks (Jan 14)
- Eni to Operate Alaska Oil Field (Jan 03)
- Eni Spuds Well in Central North Sea (Dec 31)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
- Diamond Offshore Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss On Lower Costs (Jul 30)
- Diamond Offshore Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Quarterly Loss (Apr 30)
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Petoro more info
- Equinor, Partners to Develop Next Phase of Johan Sverdrup (Aug 27)
- Norway's Parliament Approves Plan for Arctic Oilfield (Jun 11)
- Iceland's Oil Dream in Peril as China, Norway Give Up Last Block (Jan 23)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)