NPD Grants Drilling Permit to StatoilHydro for Wellbore 6407/2-5 S
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted StatoilHydro Petroleum AS a drilling permit for wellbore 6407/2-5 S, ref. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations. Wellbore 6407/2-5 S will be drilled from the Ocean Vanguard semisub at position 64 degrees 50' 55.7" N and 07 degrees 35' 05.7" E.
The drilling program for wellbore 6407/2-5 S relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 074. StatoilHydro is the operator with 40.85% and Eni Norge AS (29.4%), Petoro AS (19.95%), ExxonMobil Exploration & Production Norway AS (9.8%) are the partners.
Well 6407/2-5 S is located about 10 km south south of the Åsgard field. The production license consists of part of block 6407/2.
Production license 074 was awarded in the 5th licensing round in 1982.
Wildcat well 6407/2-5 S is the fourth well in production license 074.The drilling permit assumes that all other permits and consents required by other authorities have been secured before the drilling activity commences.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)